St. Genevieve of-the-Pines, a Catholic school for girls, was established in 1908 by the Religious of Christian Education, a French order of nuns. At age 20, as a student at St. Genevieves, Margaret Potts decided to take her vows in the Catholic order. She received her Master’s degree from Catholic University in 1935 and returned to St. Genevieve’s to teach. For more than twenty years, Mother Potts served as Mother Superior of the Academy. In retirement she began a history of the school, St Genevieve’s remembered, 1908-1968, published in 1991. This photo shows seven nuns of St. Genevieve’s. Mother Margaret Potts is on the far left.